3min - Jiggly Chawanmushi recipe
Umami packed Japanese savoury egg custard
- 1 egg
- 1 oh dashi (kombu) or broth soup
- 80ml water
- The Egg mixture making Chawanmushi only requires 4 ingredients, egg, oh dashi (or broth soup) and 80ml water. If you have a strainer, you should strain an egg.
- You can put them in a mug which is available for micro wave.
(Of course, you have a steam oven or nice steamer, it would be more tasty.)
- Wrapped the mug and make 10 small holes on a wrap.
- At last, you can put it in microwave, and set 50 sec at 500W.
and it stopped, set 50 sec again, and then 30 sec.
If you are in busy morning, you can cook very jiggly chawanmushi...!!
Please try it :)
If you are interested in oh dashi, please see here!